Skip to main content

Schools must adhere to the National Crime Reporting Guidelines for schools/police, i.e. report all incidents of robbery, sexual assault, offensive weapons or drugs seized or found to the police on 101 or 999 (if an emergency).

The National Police Chiefs’ Council (NPCC) have published guidance for schools and colleges on when to call the police - read the publication here.

More information on how to contact the Police (whether it’s to report a crime or to tell them about something you’ve seen or heard), can be found on the Humberside Police website at the link below.

Where appropriate or if providing encouragement to others to report, information can also be provided anonymously through Crimestoppers (for adults) and Fearless (a service for young people).